Milwaukee Pest Control Experts with Valuable Bed Bug Knowledge
Over 2 Decades Exterminating Bed Bugs in Milwaukee
A-Landlords Pest Management has over two decades of experience in bed bug extermination, making us the best in the industry. Our bed bug specialists have accumulated a vast knowledge regarding the treatment and prevention of bed bug infestations without relying on bed bug mattress covers in Milwaukee. We would like to share this knowledge with you by providing you with helpful tips on bed bugs and the information necessary to reduce your risk of infestation. Trust A-Landlords’ friendly experts to help you eradicate and prevent bed bug infestations.
Milwaukee Bed Bug Experts Discuss Pest Habits
Bed bugs are small wingless insects which feed on the blood of mammals. These insects are so small they often go unnoticed until the presence of bed bug bites or adult insects are large enough to be seen. Adult bed bugs are comparable to the size of an apple seed and are capable of producing 10-20 eggs per week. This rapid breeding pattern makes these pests extremely difficult to eradicate without professional pest control services.
We, as humans, are ideal hosts for bed bugs because we live in comfortable environments which are typically non-threatening to their parasitic lifestyle. An abundance of potential nesting areas such as couches, mattresses, and cushioned chairs make our homes the perfect place for these pests to thrive. It is extremely easy to spread these infestations throughout your entire home as well as other people’s homes, making bed bugs even more of a nuisance.
Bed bugs have been feeding on human hosts for thousands of years. They were completely eradicated from most homes in the 1940s, but there has been a dramatic increase in prevalence since 1995. This epidemic is in full swing and worse than it has been in years. Fortunately, there are professional methods of treatment and several ways to prevent infestations in your home.
Signs of Bed Bug Infestation
There are a few tell-tale signs of a bed bug infestation in your home. The list of signs below will help you identify if your home is infested with these unwanted pests. Waiting to receive help with your bed bug infestation increases the chances of spreading the pests in your home, car, workplace, and other locations you visit.
Signs of a bed bug infestation include:
- The presence of eggs and eggshells, which are tiny and white.
- The presence of skins young bed bugs shed as they grow.
- Small dark spots on your mattress or furniture. These spots are bed bug excrement and may bleed into the fabric.
- Finding live bed bugs. Adult bed bugs are usually big enough to be seen on your furnishings or mattress.
- Reddish stains on bed sheets or mattresses. These rust colored stains are caused by crushed bed bugs.
If these signs are present in your home, contact A-Landlords pest control services as soon as possible. Quick and efficient eradication helps stop further infestation and returns your home to a clean and comfortable environment your family can enjoy.
Milwaukee Bed Bug Exterminators Deliver Pest Removal Tips
With proper professional treatment, it is possible to fully eradicate bed bug infestations. Utilizing home pest control methods in these situations rarely leads to successful removal of all pests. The high breeding rate of bed bugs ensures repeat infestations if any are missed. The best treatment plans involve a combination of professional skill and homeowner help. Here are a few steps you can take in addition to professional treatment, ensuring successful extermination of your bed bug infestation:
- Reduce clutter where bed bugs can hide. This includes items on shelves and counters.
- Physically remove bed bugs through cleaning. Normal household cleaning will help reduce the number of bed bugs throughout the home.
- Wash bedding, clothing, and curtains on the hottest setting the washing machine has, and dry them on the hottest dryer setting. For items that cannot be washed (shoes, stuffed animals, etc.), place them in the dryer on high temperature for 30 minutes.
- If your mattress is infested, do NOT sleep somewhere else in your house. As awful as this may seem, it will cut down on the infestation expanding to other areas in your home. Seal your mattress in plastic to prevent bed bugs from spreading to other areas and to keep new bed bugs from finding a haven in your bed. If the bugs persist, you may need to get a new mattress if you're not willing to call a pest removal expert.
With the addition of A-Landlords' professional pest control services, these home pest control methods help you regain a healthy, comfortable, and pest-free household.
Milwaukee Bed Bug Experts Provide Bed Bug Prevention Ideas
Once you’ve gotten your home free of bed bugs there are several steps you should take to prevent another infestation. These tips also work great for those who have not experienced the struggles of infestation but would like to avoid being in a similar situation. With bed bug infestations becoming extremely prevalent it is a good idea to share these tips with family and friends to help stop the spread of these pests.
Ways to prevent bed bug infestations:
- Travelers should immediately wash their clothing in hot water and vacuum their suitcases upon returning home to remove bed bugs from hotels or other homes.
- Cover mattresses and box springs with a plastic cover designed to keep beg bugs out.
- Inspect used furniture, thrift store items, or yard sale purchases for bed bugs before bringing them into your home.
- Never bring discarded bed frames, upholstered furniture, mattresses, or box springs, into your home. These may have been thrown out due to a bed bug infestation.
These preventative tips will help keep your home from being overrun with unwanted pests. Awareness and prevention is the key in the fight against the bedbug epidemic. When in doubt, contact a pest control specialist in your area for advice on potentially infested furniture or bedding you would like to bring into your home.
Bed Bug Specialists Deliver Superior Pest Management Services
Our Milwaukee bed bug specialists have shared their professional tips with you to stop the bed bug infestation epidemic from reaching your home. Treatment, prevention, and awareness are the most important steps to your bed bug solution. If you have a bed bug infestation, use the bed bug exterminators Milwaukee relies on for quality work at cost-efficient prices. Our years of experience have made us uniquely qualified to eradicate your bed bug infestation. For high-quality pest control services at prices you can afford, come to A-Landlords Pest Management.